I’ve recently finished 94% of the baseboards in my year long remodeling project. I’m particularly proud of the difficult corners leading up to the stairs. As you can see from the picture it took several tiny pieces to make the turns.
I found doing the tiny pieces harder, due to the fact that I like my fingers where they are. You see, with a large baseboard stretch, if I cut it too long, I could just shave off a little more on the saw. But with a little piece, if I cut it slightly too big, I had to cut a whole new piece to get it right. (I believe in keeping my fingers at least 7″ from the blade while cutting. Just a little rule I have.) Not only are the tiny pieces harder to fit together, but having all the different angles to cut made for a lot of cuts… and re-cuts… and then more re-cuts after that.
Just a little caulking and paint, and my tricky baseboard rounded corners are beautiful.
I obviously need to finish painting the walls now, but considering the baseboard rounded corners were bare when we moved in…
How all the corners in my house looked originally
I think we’ve definitely improved things.