I have a large family and a very busy life, so I rely on my crock pot / slow cooker quite often to feed my family. Here’s a recipe we tried this week that went over well with everyone. This recipe makes about 10 servings and requires a large crock pot/slow cooker. Half the recipe for a smaller cooker and family.
Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
Time: 10 minutes prep time, 5 hours cook time
- 7-8 chicken breast halves (I used frozen.)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup natural soy sauce – *See note
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3/8 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp mustard
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 3-4 cups frozen vegetables of your choice -*
*Note: I actually used 3/4 cup soy sauce but thought the recipe was a little too salty so here I’ve reduced the soy sauce. For the veggies, I like to use a normandy blend of broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc.
- Put chicken in large slow cooker. I used frozen chicken breasts and just put them directly from the freezer into the crock pot. If you use fresh or thawed chicken, the initial cooking time can be reduced.
- Combine other ingredients, except vegetables, and pour over chicken.
- Cook on high for three hours, stirring once or twice to make sure all the chicken cooks evenly in the liquids.
- After the first three hours, pour in the frozen veggies and cook another 1.5-2 hours.
Serve over rice or alone. Also great with green salad.
This recipe for Lemon Garlic Chicken was inspired by a recipe in a Fix It and Forget It cookbook. I’ve adapted it to my own tastes and convenience. Best wishes.